Alan

I do trust you and am very impressed that you are not just better than that pimply guy at Best Buy who also gives advice, but in fact are at the other end of the spectrum - a true expert who is available to advise and is honest enough to say that one of of his employer's products is not as good as another one is.

The problem I have is I have not heard the M22s and no one in my area has them so I could hear them (as far as I know).

It is no secret that some people think the M22s are a bit harsh, so I wanted second opinions. In addition, speaker quality can be subjective. Sure the M22s sound qualitatively different to you and you have spelled this out to me three times now (thank you). But, other people apparently hear other things. One professional reveiwer said the M22s sound better - but ONLY in direct comparison (if I am remembering the review correctly - I think it is one that is linked from the Axiom website).

So, like a blind man trying to choose a good painting for his living room (awk - my analogies are making even me wince), I am unable to hear these speakers so I am asking a lot of questions. Probably too many, but I feel more comfortable doing this.

Yes it is only a $25 charge to send them back if I don't want them after I get them, but I would rather not waste the money and time.

I do appreciate your emails - and ponder them like a neophyte pondering the sayings of a wise man - since there is so much knowledge and experience behind those words.

I tend to think what you are saying about the quality of the M22s is accurate and those who think it is harsh or not that different from the M3 just don't like sharp clear sound or haven't taken the time you and others who own the M22 have to listen. More statements like Pablo's will just reassure me in my "high stakes" gamble.

Okay - I am just obsessing, I admit it.

By the way, there is a nasty rumor that you get a $500 commission on each pair of M22s you sell. I don't believe it, though.

M22s, QS4s, M2 center, Hsu stf-1.