Well thanks for all the input fella’s. and yes, I am doing well. I hope that y'all are to! All your input has me asking more questions now. Hope you don’t get irritated, I tend to beat things till they stop twitching. This may take a while.

Firstly, I’m not sure about using the pre-out for the sub woofer. I’d have to run about 20 feet of coax to it. Plus, Kcarlile’s question makes me wonder about that as well. The manual does not say one way or the other if I can use both the pre-outs and the second zone speaker outputs at the same time.…….this may have to be an experiment. H/K tech has not been overly helpful with my questions. Their email responses have been brief. if anyone wants to take a shot at reading through the manual, H/K has it on line. The multi-room info is on page 36. it’s not all that informative……

Could someone explain to me what the pro’s / con’s are in regards to using the pre-out vrs the speaker cables to the sub woofer? Why is this ‘cleaner’??

The main reason I bought this receiver is its amps. I bought it to drive the M80’s, plus my 5 channel HT that’s in the other room. But the main consideration was this receiver’s power. I really don’t want to spend any more money on amps. But I did consider this option at one point. I had considered buying a less expensive receiver, using pre-outs to a second amp that would drive the M80’s in the other room.

Back to my sub woofer selection……is there any real benefits to go with a down firing sub? One obvious advantage that comes to mind it kids. They wouldn’t be able to kick out a woofer if it’s on the bottom….., not that my 10 year old boy would ever do that……

Has anyone actually had the opportunity to listen to the SVS, HSU and Outlaws for a comparison?? They all look to be pretty similar and all get good marks at most forums. About the same price range. Should I stick to 12” for my room size? Or would a 10” be enough?

And thanks for the EQ info. I’m not real concerned with treble control, the 80’s seem to have more than enough highs and mids. I think a parametric EQ is definitely something worth more consideration.

Ericb…., no, I just want to run the set of M80’s and a sub woofer in the second zone. I’m having a hard enough time arranging furniture for one set of speakers, four would be impossible. This room is my great room where folks gather when I throw a party. I just play CD’s and the satellite signal, which is pretty crappy by the way – but that’s for another string. I think we have the same configuration. The speaker outs are used if you do not want to run another amplifier and don’t need 7 channel in the main Zone. Then I also have pre-outs for seven channels, including the sub woofer for the Zone II. These pre-outs all need an external amp. The question that needs to be answered, is if I can run the speakers off the speaker outs (6 and 7th channels), and run the sub off the pre-outs at the same time.