OK fella’s, I’m getting closer to buying something (I would like to place an order today). One more round of questions for you……

I just received some help from H/K web support. The sub pre-out will not work for the multi-room function. I should clarify that. It will not work with more than one source playing at the same time. There is only one sub pre-out, and it is not dedicated to Zone II, but to the main room (Zone I). If I were playing a DVD in the main room, the sub in the second room would be playing the DVD. So it looks like I’m stuck using the speaker outs for the sub in Zone II. Currently, I have 14 gauge oxygen free cables to the M80’s. I didn’t know where I was going to place them, so I cut the cables to 35’ equal lengths. I ended up needed most of that length, but I could place the sub where I could cut them to 30’. Will I here noise by hooking up the sub this way? I will not have enough room to upstairs to place the sub, so It has to go downstairs next to the M80’s.

As far as the sub selection, I’m leaning toward the HSU VTF-3, HSU STF-3, SVS PB1-ISD and the Outlaw LFM-1. Seeing how I live in Alaska, these companies only ship Fed-X second day air. Shipping to me is roughly $150 - $200 for these subs. That makes $700 the limit for the sub, plus shipping my new max. I can’t really tell by reading through the HSU web sight what gain I would get from the VTF line over the STF line that would be worth the extra $100. Does anyone have a guess what that might be?

Which one of these subs would guys buy? I think for my situation and room layout, a down firing sub is the way to go. I can hide a box sub next to one of my couches and make an end table out of it. The tall cylinder subs would look down right hideous in this room (everything is wood).