Well I'm bored............and I don't do politics....................and well I'm bored and we all know what that means. I play and get myself into trouble. I took the afternoon off and have been playing with various configurations. My toy's for the day are a pair of NAD C272's 2 x 150W or 300W mono. I had one running in stereo. Very nice. Had them both running in MONO, not nice. Sound got dull, no bass no nothing. Wonder why? 300 watts a side sounded worse then 150 watts a side. I'm assuming the watts increase but the amps decrease. So now I have them running in the horizontal bi-amp configuration. For those that don't know what that is, I basically have one amp running the highs on both speakers and the other amp is looking after the bottom end. Sounds darn good. Much better then MONO. Next is to try vertical bi-amping and see what shakes. Once again for those that don't know, vertical is to have one amp run one speaker....dedicated.

Has anybody tried this? If so did you hear anything between the two?

...............and no I didn't buy these amps. I get along really well with the NAD guy in town and he let's me borrow things from time to time! I have bought enough from him that he knows sooner or later something won't come back! lol