Sorry md55, but you lost me. I thought your point was that we shouldn't criticize those who cut off heads or the culture which celebrates such atrocities because we have offended them by flooding their society with our "sexually depraved" entertainment and because in our own way we are just as bad.

I also took your point to be that since our culture is not perfect we are in no position to criticize the values of the culture of the head takers.

BTW, seems to me that when you talk about the "spectrum of violent video material" you are conflating fictional depictions of violence with snuff/recruitment videos - video recordings of actual murders.

I think I understand the world view of the mullahs, and of course I don't ascribe any moral superiority to such a world view. I am judgmental and consider such folks (folks who issue fatwas against Salman Rushdie or who take the heads off of living human beings, or celebrate such conduct) to be moral imbeciles.

I'm sure I've missed your point because it seems to me that you propose an analysis which purposefully avoids taking into account the moral value of the conduct under discussion.

As to the rest of your point, again, you lost me, and I'd be very grateful if you could take the time to provide clarification as to what you're point is.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.