while in houston this weekend, i managed to get away for about 45 minutes, and checked out the local 'Tweeter' store in the area. i had been very excited to go there, cause it was the first really 'high-end' type audio/video store i had ever been to.

it was a smaller store, but they had walls of HD tv's upon entrance, and then the amp and listening rooms were off to the sides. i wont say much for their customer service. when i walked in, the guy just kinda looked at me, then went right back to a magazine he was reading. he gave me that, "he cant afford this" look. it kinda pissed me off.. anyway, i mainly wanted to see the subs and speakers that i have been reading about for all these months, so i jetted straight to the listening room. it was pretty cool. they had a few models that i had been interested in buying(polk, vienna, and sonus faber), but their retail prices were ridiculious. and i was not impressed with their sub selection. polks, velodyne, and boston acoustics. big whup?...

i did listen to a few bookshelf/amp combinations, but nothing that really made my head spin. i liked a B&K system that they had, but once again, way too pricy.

all in all, i thought it was a waste of time. their selection of equip was limited, and their customer service was pitiful. hopefully, my next 'audio store' experience will be much better.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??