In reply to:

As far as them being hard to place that myth was put to rest in the latest newsletter!

Well Rick, I hate to disagree with you, but you got on my case when you felt I was posting less than truthful statements about the M80s and placement, so I feel it's only proper that I correct yours.

What was put to rest in the newsletter was the misstatement that ALAN said they were hard to place in all cases. What he said was they are difficult to place in a small space. In the newsletter Alan said:

"My comments about the M80ti's relate to setting them up in smaller rooms where there isn't a lot of elbowroom to move stuff around."

"In an average room like mine (19 x 14 x 9 ft.), jammed with other speakers and equipment, where I sit no more than 10 feet back, you can't just plunk M80ti's down and expect to get a perfect soundstage. You have to experiment, moving them away from corners, out from the wall behind them and adjusting toe-in."

Divot has a room a bit larger than Alan's and might not have any placement problems with the M80s whatsoever. Regardless, there have been several forum members who have posted they experienced difficulty in placing the M80s. One reached the point where he finally sold them and moved on to other speakers. I think the fair way to say it is, some people have had problems in placing the M80s, others (like you) haven't.

Thus, to characterize the M80s placement difficulties as a "myth" is as untrue as to say they are difficult to place in every room, regardless of size.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton