Well, my speakers came today which is a supprise because I wasn't expecting them untill monday. Apparently they were sent through FedEx instead of purolator like my "golden e-mail" said and that is the reason I could not track them online.

They came about 10:19AM -- then only time today that I was out of the appartment. So I had to drive to the airport to pick them up (I think it is safe to assume that they were shipped by air). My first impressions were that the bass was rather boomy and the treble was a bit harsh. After adjusting the sub level with my trusty sound level meter and Avia DCD the bass was no longer boomy, but quite nice and TIGHT!!! (I regret that I cannot turn it up really loud due to girlfriend and neighbour issues). The harshness is partly due to my ears being used to my old daewoo speakers that came with the 3cd changer that my parents bought me for christmas like 7 years ago which didn't really have any highs...or lows...pretty much limited to crappy sounding midbass (they actually sounded ok on the H/k receiver) as well as the fact that the only CDs that I have left are newer pop recordings that are probably recorded "hot" I rended Black Hawk Down and "The Others" to test the surrounds and sub (which I will do in a few minutes)

After watching a few movies and listening to my Beatles CD (the one with all the number one hits) I see that these speakers really are as good as everyone says they are. The only concern that I have (and I will have to phone Axiom about this) is that one of the "T" brackets for hanging the surrounds seems to be...not completely done? The parts on the top of the "T" that bend out so that they can clip into the speaker are not bent out... the whole top peice is just flat. Hmm...sorry I do not have any pictures, I will have to find someone with a digital camera to take some and post htem soon.

My Setup: H/K AVR 130
M22Ti Mains
VP100 Center
EP175 Sub
QS8 Surrounds (BTW, these MUST weigh more
than 11lbs -- they feel heavier than the sub!!!)

---|---|-O <- My Kitten (Grey and White) Also, accepting donations for the MX-700