We are progressing along in our home theater in our basement, and I am needing to decide where some final wiring goes and then I am going on a drywall frenzy the next few days. Anyway, we are on a tight budget, and while I will have Axioms (3 more weeks!!!), I would rather spend the money on a nice projector than on an expensive screen.

Anyway, I know some people have gone the DIY route and painted screens, etc. Our problem is that this is a non-dedicated room, so the idea of a screen always being there doesn't sit well with my wife, and with me for that matter.

I like the idea of a pull down, or even a motorized screen, but they cost more than a perminant screen (fabric or paint) and I hear that some people have issues with the screen being "wavy" looking because it isn't pulled tight. Then of course you can add a screen tensioning add on, but the price goes up again.

What do people have here? I will probably post this on AVS as well, but many times over there I get responses that don't directly answer my specific question, like I can see getting a response like "skip the projector and go plasma" or something that doesn't answer my screen question at all.

Any ideas would be great.

Farewell - June 4, 2020