Nick,

I must be a couple weeks ahead of your project. I am about 6 weeks away from my test viewing. Seems like a good reason to share my opinions (and my first post).

I went with a manual 106" Da-lite model B matte white with CSR. I think it was $275ish with freight.

My reasons for this selection: Da-lite has an excellent online chat for Q/A? This helped me with size/screen material not to mention the screen model itself. CSR should help minimize damage to screen when retracting. I didn't get a tensioned screen. It is my understanding that it becomes a bigger issue with the bigger sized screens. I didn't need a high contrast screen because my DLP projector has pretty good contrast itself. Ultimately I went cheap with the model B and I can always upgrade later. I wanted to spend a little more on the audio setup initially.

I did run power to the screen pocket in my ceiling. Also I had it boxed out about 8" x 8" in case I want to go with a larger sized electric unit in the future.

I am having the screen drop in front of a bookcase. This will conceal the screen opening behind the molding. Also there won't be a void in the room. I want my system to be as hidden as much as it could. My biggest issue now is hiding the projector itself without spending a couple grand on a lift.