In reply to:

I bought a metal detector

those are cool. really. there is excitement in the mystery of whats in the ground.

2 years ago, one of my buddies was working on a ranch about 15 miles south of town. on the ranch, there used to be a very small community, they think less than 40 people. anyway, there is a small cemetery, and you can make out the foundation of an old building. it was probably the church/school/town hall/etc. my buddy and i rented a detector for a day, and found ALL kinds of stuff. coins, buttons, hair pins, buckles, barrel rings, bullets and bullet casings, and all sorts of forged metal pieces ranging from a few inches long, to one that was almost a foot long.. we think they were pieces of wagons or buggys? in the cemetery we found metal picture frames, and this fancy brass cap that we think was decoration on the top of a cane or umbrella. our best find of the day was an old pistol. it was a small caliber revolver, but the revolver cylinder was missing. but the barrel, cylinder frame, and handle were intact. it was cool as heck.

i never thought i would find it sooo cool. but, we had a great place to find stuff. the detector was going off left and right. it might be a little more boring if it took forever to find something. but, i would highly recommend to do this. i found it to be extremely stimulating.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??