Since there's been some discussion regarding video games, let me ask a question that I've been curious about for a long time:

As a 40 year old who hasn't played a video game since Asteroids, Defender and Pac Man, what advice would those of you who are gamers give a "beginner" like me for getting into a setup? On my computer, I've enjoyed some combat flight games, golf games and yes, on occasion, the Sims. But when looking into a "TV" based system, I have questions such as:

Is there a "preferred" system? I know there was much X-Box talk when it came out- is it the best?

What are some good, engaging games for someone who hasn't been playing for the last ten years?

And, in terms of equipment (and to keep it "audio" related for this forum), are they all 5.1?

How do they hook up to your receiver? Optical/coaxial connections?

Are there some that play at 480P or higher resolution? What type of connectors do those use for connection to a digital TV?

I know that there are TONS of info on the net, but most seemed to be geared towards Serious Gamers… not "would-be" gamers!

Now that I have an HT setup that I'm happy with, it seems like a relatively low-cost way to add another dimension to its capabilities and entertainment factor!

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::