Current system:
HK AVR55
2x Axiom m80ti
2x Axiom QS8
1x Infinity Center (Prolly replaced with Axiom 1 day soon)

I have ruled out Denon (3805) at this point due to their long time reputation for "embellishing?" their actual power outputs and my need to drive my Axioms HARD without clipping.

The AVR has served me very well since 2000. It is built like a brick and drives the Axioms with ease. It lacks some features that I am willing to pay for in a new unit. These include : Component video switching, DTS Decoding, 192KHz DACs, and SACD/DVD-Audio inputs (digital preferred, but likely out of my price range of ~$1K).

Now to the contenders: The HK 630, the Marantz SR-7500 and the Yammy RX-V1500. The Yammy is probably not even a real choice due to my understanding that it is not a good match for the Axioms due to the brightness of both the speakers and the receiver. That, and the new Yammys look and feel "cheap". I mean, a plastic main knob for $800?

As I mentioned, I have a soft spot for the HK as my previous one has served me so well for so long. I know from experience that the HK will probably drive my Axioms without strain, but I have noted that the build quality on the current 630 does not match that of my older AVR55. Like the Yammy, the 630 seems to have a cheap "plastiky" main knob. As with the yamaha, it lacks THX certification (not that it makes a big difference). HK offer a 2 year warranty.

The Marantz: I have no experience with this brand, but I gather that it is very highly regarded. The unit is solid, and the front knob is milled AL. THX Select, Dolby PLIIx, Burr-Brown DACs, and a very good remote. Marantz is only sold by some "high end" stores here in Dallas, as opposed to the HK and Yammys which can be picked up at CC or the like. I have read the older 7400 series runs HOT. 3 year warranty.

Now the hard part: I want a unit that is excellent at BOTH music and HT. Can anyone lend some insight into some PROs/CONs into these units and thier matching with my Axioms?