Thanks for all the advice, my dealer(s) let me home demo the HK 630, Denon 3805, Marantz 7500 and the Yammy 1500 simultaneously. Two days of DVD-A, SACD, Redbook, and DVD-V and only the Denon remains. I know I started this thread with the "anti-Denon" attitude, but in my mind the Denon was the best all-around unit. After I told the dealer I was keeping the Denon, he "found" a Denon DVD-5900 in the back and offered it to me for $900(!!!). I almost tore my underwear getting out my wallet. The DLINK (Denon Digital Link) works great and will soon (any day now according to Denon) support SACD in addtion to the DVD-A, DTS, DD, and PCM it already streams to the receiver digitally. Blu-Ray is right around the corner, so I saw nothing wrong with picking up what many (myself included) consider to be the finest <$5000 "universal" player ever made. For $900.

The Denon auto-setup (using the $65 Denon mic) did a very nice job of setting up the room. I did have to go back in and adjust the SW, but other than that everything was spot-on when verified with the meter.

Oh, and I ran the Denon up to +5 dB with the m80's with no clipping or distortion. I guess my Denon power concerns were unfounded. One day I might even use the 3805 to bi-amp the fronts.