See, that's the thing Ken.

I agree that the TiVo is by far the best implementation of the idea...without a doubt.

But once I got that big Samsung sitting there, and I found out that I could have hi-def in an hour from my cable company by simply switching my box on my own AND at only $15/month TOTAL with that DVR box... it was a no-brainer.

I checked out the satellite services, but none had good alternatives to local hi-def channels. (Concord is in a little bit of a valley and getting any of the Boston stations via antenna is extremely unlikely and unreliable... leaving us with one affiliate only. Voom would be my choice if I could get my local channels on my own).

Anyway, as I've said... I can't say enough good about TiVo, but when you have a choice of it or, for almost the same money, having hi-def, 5.1, and a two-tuner DVR with MOST of the functions....!

I miss TiVo's WishList looking out for Hitchcock films.... but I miss it less while watching hi-def!

And Curtis: What I really wish is that the companies that are providing these other VTRs licensed the TiVo service for them, such as the box you're talking about. Then, I could watch Hitchcock in hidef!

Last edited by MarkSJohnson; 12/16/04 12:23 PM.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::