Aloha HI, and welcome to Axiom. I've also been studying the new 635 with interest and I'll comment on just a few of the points that you raise. First, in my view, among the points that you should disregard as having any significant difference are #s 4,5,7 and 9. Next, on #11, the 635 apparently does not have the bass management on the multichannel analog inputs for DVD-As/SACDs that the 525 and 630 have. The statement to the contrary in the manual appears to be an error and if so, this would mean that no bass management(the player, however, might have some bass management)or other digital processing such as Logic 7/DPLIIx, or the new equalization could be applied to DVD-As/SACDs. That new equalization system which is said to have been developed with much personal input from Dr. Toole seems very interesting so far. It takes both a farfield reading from above the seating position and a separate microphone reading from very close to the front speakers. Apparently the difference between the two is considered to be the irregularities caused by the room, which are then compensated. If the 635 is actually available at the price you saw, it would be a fine buy.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.