wait, i think i am confused..?

are wanting two separate systems, for two different rooms? or, are you asking which of the two systems would be best for one room? and do mean the $5000 to buy both systems? or just one complete system?

first off, the 20x40 room is pretty big. i have a 26x28 room with M60's, and it sounds great. i reckon you could get by with the 60's, but if you are into really cranking it up and blowing out some windows, then get the M80's.

second, the VP150 would not be overkill in either room, so go ahead and get that regardless. and stick with the QS8's for both set-ups.. that is one awesome surround.

third, the denon 3805 is a plenty fine receiver to run either system in either room. it has plenty of power to push the axioms to deafening ranges. i dont see the need to run separates unless you just absolutely want to.

so, the M60's + VP150 + QS8's = $1785 new
and M80's + VP150 + QS8's = $2125 new

you figure $600-$800 for a good SVS sub, and another $900 for the 3805, and you should be well under $5000. now, if you are wanting to buy 2 complete systems, then you will have a hard time getting them both for under $5000.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??