David,

I'm not sure how an air traffic controller gets Denon gear at cost (but several folks here will undoubtedly ask you directly ), but that puts a little different spin on the solutions. The 3805, at cost, is a no brainer. Spend more on separates if you feel the need (unless you get THEM at cost as well), but the 3805 gets uniformly high marks, drives either system you mention very well and has plenty left.

The 4806 looks like is a pretty impressive unit. At cost, it gets even more impressive. My reponse to the THX cert is pretty muvch - 'that's nice". Other than that, from what I have been able to determine, the 4806 has a bit more power, more connections, HDMI and DVI connections for video and probably a bunch of other features taht will need to be compared to the 3805 . Assuming available space is not an issue, most of the decsion between the 3805 and 4806 looks like it will boil down to 1) do you need more connections, 2) do you need/will you use the DVI and HDMI video swithcing, 3) what are the other additional features and do you need them and 4) price.

With the MSRP of the 3805 at $1200 and the 4806 at $3500, some quick math tells me that, even at cost, the 4806 is 3X the price. Is it worth that to you?