Jason,

If you take that approach, you'll never get anything! C'mon - flex your upgrade muscle. This is just the kind of attitude that will get you demerits on your Man card. .

On a more serious note, a local store (where I "got a guy") has a nice viewing room. In it they have 4 - 42" to 50" Plasma TVs hanging on the wall. I had asked my guy about the difference between EDTV and HDTV and he said there's two of each on the wall, pick them out. I could only guess because they looked so similar. He said that the majority of people can't tell and are pleased to save the money and get the EDTV.

He's a big believer in the "Monster or Home Depot speaker wire? Really no difference - it's copper" school of thought. While there is a little more separation in this EDTV/HDTV discussion, my eyes told me it is not a compelling difference. I suspect that the REAL HDTV signal may be similar when you compare it to the current HDTVs. My point is - you may spend alot of time waiting. Once this REAL HDTV comes out, you will see something else on the horizon, and so on. Find one ya like and grab it.