I have been an outside observer for some time now, but I finally decided to post a message now that I ordered some speakers. Many hours have been spent reading different forums, but none seem to give the slightest bit of anecdotal evidence to back up a user's comments like this one does. So, Kudos for that; which is also what lead me to take the 'plunge' into buying axiom speakers. For me, I now have a pair of M60s, the VP150 and some QS8s coming

Now that I have speakers on the way, most of my HT upgrade is done, but now I come to the A/V receiver. I am considering either the Yammie RX-V1500, or the Denon 3805. Both have all the features I will need, but the Denon is about $400 more than the Yammie. Unfortunately, I do not have time to do the A/B test. Since I felt comfortable buying speakers without doing any testing, I figure I could be successful in this venture as well--using this forum. To all that wish to, please post your comments about either receiver regarding listening experience, quality of the receiver, ease of use, etc.. I am very technical, so don't be afraid to approach it in that mannor, I am pretty good at reading between the lines too. Also, if you know of any comparison tests from audiophile gurus, then please post the link for me to read.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I don't need any help on the TV upgrade, I am waiting for June when Samsung will release their new 1080p DLPs...<drool>...I figure that will last me until 1080p becomes the norm, or they solve the Blu-Ray / HD-DVD format battle (looks like Sony will probably win) to enable the HD remastering companies (like, Lowry Digital Images, or Ascent Media Group) to commit to one of the formats and start making the new DVDs; then finally I can experience true HD (1080p) . But boy are the remastered DVDs going to be expensive <sigh>. ...Sorry got excited, this is a topic for another discussion. In case you are interested here is a URL to get you started on doing searches about the new DVDs coming out:BluRay FAQ.