Oops, how could I have missed this thread? I'm not an M50 regular yet, gonna pull the trigger here in the next coupla weeks for sure. Have had M3s for the last three years or so and couldn't be happier with them. We moved into a larger home reciently and find the M3s just a bit on the small side. The 50s are without doubt the obvious upgrade.

Also, A huge "Thank You" to you, Ken, for asking for the Freq. graphs for the M50 and M60, Those plots show just how well the M50s compare to the M60s. What pleased me most was how the M50s are actually better than my beloved M3s in two critical areas-the ones pointed out in the Masters NRC review: The 1.5k notch (it's GONE!) and the upper mid sag, (smoothed out, way reduced) They also mentioned the bass responce of the M3 as being not too low, of course we know it's vastly improved with a second mid woofer. What IS a suprise is that the 50 may be a bit better than the 60 in one area of bass, and that's the more natural low end roll-off. 30 hz is only about 9db down anechoichly while the 60 shows 30 as being 15db down. Not a big deal with a sub, but could be important without one, like in direct stereo. I use a sub with my system, but, who knows, I may like the sound just as well without it, I'll know in a couple weeks.

Anyway, thanks again for getting us the graphs, and be assured that there is indeed another M50 fan out here, as well as a new member of the M50 Posse.

Rich