Sorry for not updating my post sooner, but the Outlaw issue has become a way more involved than I had thought it would be. But bridgman has it correct with "V^^2 / 4 is sounding better and better all the time" In the past several weeks I have invested over $8k in Axiom/Outlaw products, and I thought I would have more than enough power to run the five M80's, even at a rather high level at times. The 770 is having a problem doing that, and after trying all of the trouble shooting ideas from tech support at Outlaw, and being told that it was very possible that my M80's, two of which have 60' runs for speaker wire, could be demanding to much power and causing the left rear amp to go into thermo protection, I needed to find some way to test the M80's consumption and see exactly what was happening. Since I do not have a $50k of test equipment, my simple mind went with the Fluke I have and do a simple voltage check. I have been doing this for several days, differant source material, differant volume levels, swaping out the M80's to differant locations, so on and so on.
I really need to thank Alan, as he has spent several hours with me on the phone about this issue, and I have needed to learn a way more about the M80's than I wanted to. lol Once again, I'm waiting for a call this morning from Outlaw to see what they have decdied to do. I will post an update as soon as I have some sort of resolvement to the problem, all I know for sure at this point, it is not my Axiom speaker wire, banana plugs, or speakers. From my very basic tests, all of the Axiom products are staying within the specs, and not over driving the 770. Thanks for all of the interest, and will have some data when done. ;-)