Well, we'll just agree to disagree on this one. I sort of feel, the goal is to provide as much information as possible in order to help the poster end up with a system he/she is happy with. Perhaps I have it wrong. Perhaps the goal is to sell Axioms. If this is the case, then perhaps we ARE shills. Other brands are often discussed here, and we have several members who don't even own Axioms.

I'm offended by the "pooping in your own bed" analogy, and I don't appreciate anyone questioning my "loyalty" to Axiom, because I talk about other brands. I don't feel either Axioms or Rockets are perfect speakers. And characterizing the discussion of their strengths and weaknesses as disloyalty is a real stretch. Again, if we can't do that, then we DO become shills.

I have always been comfortable with recommending Axioms, and always will be. But, the reality is there are some people, in certain circumstances, for whom another brand would be would be a better fit.

And if you "go over to av123 and explain the M80 experience," the possibility exists that someone will react just like you, and tell you that it isn't "the right message board to discuss it." I will feel they are making a mistake as well.

Ravi posted about his Rocket purchase over at av123, and my reaction to that was "Alright Ravi! Congratulations!" Had he chosen the M80s, my reaction here would have been "Alright Ravi! Congratulations!" I don't give a hoot what he chooses. I only care that he makes the right decision for HIM! If that is contrary to the purpose of this board, then perhaps I'm in the wrong place.

Just my .02

Edit: Posted this before seeing your last post tleigh, but decided to let it stand to see what others think. I appreciate your reconsiderating your initial thoughts.

Last edited by Ajax; 03/02/05 04:37 AM.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton