Curious why you absolutely hate it? I have the 2805 and it does an accurate job at setting the delay distance and levels of each speaker. However, I have decided I don't like the Room EQ adjustment, so I do have that turned off.

To reset you receiver to factory presets look on page 85 of your manual, step 15.....Switch off the unit using the main unit's power operation switch. Hold the INPUT and ANALOG buttons in at the same time, turn the unit back on, the screen will flash for about 1 second, then you can let go of the buttons. This will reset the microprocessor.

If I were you, I would leave the setup options for level and distance in tact, but don't turn on Room EQ. This can be found in the Auto Setup/Room EQ menu. If you select the Room EQ Setup sub menu, select ALL (default), then select OFF, you will not be using the Room EQ characteristics. Also, the next option down is for Direct Mode, I also leave that turned OFF for Room EQ.

Also, the autosetup will normally set your mains to large, I suggest using the small option, with crossover of 80hz on the receiver, AND turn your crossover out of the way on the sub...

ps:still curious what you don't like?

good luck

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85