Perfect solution for the QS8s. Nice.

Good advice about the sub. It can go just about anywhere it will fit. Try not to have it inside an enclosure.

There is a technique for finding the best spot. You place the sub in the sweet spot (in the center of your couch), and while playing a CD with good some good bass, crawl around on your hands and knees. Where the bass sounds best, is where you should place the sub. On the other hand, if the bass sounds best on top of the foosball table, I'd find another spot. I know you won't be getting your "real" sub until summer, but experimenting with your "toy" sub will be good practice.

If it's in the budget, pick up a Radio Shack Sound Pressure Level Meter, either the analog model, or the digital model. You'll hear people say the analog is superior to the digital. I have the digital and I disagree. The analog might be easier to read when using sweep tones to measure your entire system, but when it comes to your basic system calibration, I find the digital easier. However, the analog is less expensive, and if budget is a factor, by all means get that one.

Also pick up a copy of Avia Guide to Home Theater. You'll love it for calibrating your audio, and it will help you set up your projector for optimal viewing. The disc itself will pretty much walk you through the procedures. I like Digital Video Essentials, but there is a problem with the bass tones. Again if budget is a factor, go ahead and get it, but remember to calibrate your sub about 10 dB hotter than everything else.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton