You have more confidence in the engineering quality of a 'for profit' company than i do Sushi.
Although i'm sure they have minimum requirements for their heat dissipation components, etc., i would prefer to buy a unit that goes beyond minimums and into the 'very safe' zones.

If an amp is running hot, but weighs 10 pounds more than one that does not, what does that say?
Perhaps different metals were used? Maybe same metal, same heatsink weight, but more plastic in the lighter unit overall.
Perhaps electronic components with less tolerance in the hotter unit?

There are alot of possibilities really, but in the end, i prefer not to mix extreme heat with electronics if i can avoid it (too many burned cpus from overclocking....not that i can overclock my receiver, but if i could....).

I would just err on the side of caution as opposed to trusting that the company knows what it is doing and perhaps what they are doing is cutting corners to cut costs albeit within safety specs.

Of course there is also the thought that a hotter unit warms up the already high temperatures in your listening room down there in balmy Texas (it was -49 here yesterday with windchill). If anything, maybe you should be trying to look for a receiver unit that actually cools your room when its turned on!

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."