chesseroo,

Thanks for correcting me a big time; I certainly did not look at the user manuals of Denon or Yamaha (are they available online?). I may have judged these models based on the brief catalogue specs and the rear panel photo on the web site -- the rear panel of Denon does seem to mention "6-16 ohm." At any rate, the manual specs you cited surely sound admirable for an all-in-one, especially Denon's, which are essentially linear, meaning that only the swing voltage, not the current, of the final stage is the limiting factor. I would strongly suggest the marketing department of these companies do mention and promote these specs in a more visible way!

I might sound like crazy or simply stupid when I tell you that, after this much of Pioneer bashing by myself and others, I still have not dropped the Elite line from my candidate list. But despite the rather negative comments by Alan about automatic equalization in general, I feel that, judging from owners' reports, MCACC may well help in my situation... Well, if I ever go for one of the Elite receivers, I will probably keep my Adcom GFA-555II power amp for my 4-ohm Hales speakers (the amp is huge and heavy for its mere 200W x 2 output, and surely cool-running LOL).

Cheers!

Last edited by sushi; 02/19/03 09:21 PM.