Hi Winterpeg,

I bought my denon 4802r from crutchfield.com for 1499 U.S.

When all was said and done I got a 5 year extended warranty and they shipped it to the borderstore ( about 1/2 hour drive from my house). They didn't ship to Canada but would honor the warranty. Because Thunder bay is so close to the border, it worked out for me.

I even gave our local shops the option to come "close" to the price I was getting on-line. The best I could get was 3300 cdn BEFORE taxes @ 15% and also before any extended warranty.

My final online price after exchange, 5 year warranty, tax at the border, and gas money to go for a drive was under 2400 cdn. It IS crazy the way that these places won't deal. I would have paid more to buy it in town but they wouldn't even try to get my business. One place laughed at the idea of buying speakers on-line when I could listen to his nuance speakers (listed at 12k) but this week the sales rep would let them go for 4000. I bought my speakers (obviously)online as well as my receiver and I could not be happier.

Makes me wonder if i could have gotten a better deal on a TV!

Anyways sorry for the rant.... I don't think crutchfeild sells H/K , but Etronics is a similar E-tailer, and I found crutchfeild's sales rep on the phone very freindly and quite patient with all of the questions i had. (MUCH like the folks at Axiom)

Good luck!!