All,

We are a majority of mostly men with a penchant for great audio.

As a MAN, I want to pass on something that I am currently dealing with. My Dad recently watched a commercial on TV with an older gentleman talking about men getting breast cancer too. He spoke of an easy exam and speaking with a doctor should any lump be discovered.

Later that night, my Dad did an exam on himself and found a lump about the size of a pecan on the left side of his chest. He visited a local doctor who performed a needle biopsy on it which came back negative. Upon a subsequent visit to the VA Hospital in Dallas, they removed the lump at their suggestion and had it sent off for biopsy.

My Dad called me on Friday evening last and informed me that he had breast cancer! Yes, Breast Cancer! The biopsy had come back malignant. I will subsequently be driving him to Dallas early this Thursday morning to the VA Hospital in Dallas to have the breast muscle removed and seed radiation injections performed followed by three to four days of observation. They are trying to determine if there is more cancer.

My long-winded story is to pass along the advice that if you are Male to examine yourself (NO MATTER YOUR AGE)! And have any unknown lump investigated by a doctor! It has been just over two years since we lost my Mom to cancer and now my Dad has it too.

If you believe in God, please pray for my Dad...His name is John Furrer as well as for my family.

I don't want to lose my Dad nor any friends due to my not speaking aloud about this.

It's your life...take care of it...it's the only one you get.

Thanks,

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."