Everyone,

My Dad had his surgery on Thursday afternoon...It was a very, very long day...Any of you who have had to deal with a VA hospital know what I mean.

I finally heard news about my Dad's status about 6:00 PM Thursday evening. The doctors told me that he had done very well during the surgery and that they removed 6 lymph nodes...one of which had the radioactive tracer dye predominantly shown. This lymph node is the one through which the muscle in which the tumor was found was draining. They removed the left breast muscle much to my Dad's dismay...he thought they would not have to take it. He was awake and joking around after the surgery wishing he had a Whopper from Burger King (one of his favorite places to eat). He is in great spirits and is positive about the outcome. They released him on Friday afternoon (instead of Sunday) and by 3:30 was home checking on his cattle.

The only thing left now is to await the biopsy of the lymph node which had the tracer dye show up in it. It will be a week before we know more. If it comes back negative, according to the doctors, we are done. If it comes back positive, they will schedule another surgery to remove the remaining lymph nodes under his left arm (30 or more) and possibly consider chemotherapy.

As of last check, he has not had to take any pain medication and is generally acting like nothing has taken place. He favors his left arm a bit, but wouldn't you?

Please continue to remember him in your prayers to the effect that the biopsy is negative.

Thanks again for all the thoughts and prayers...Prayer DOES work wonders.

Thanks again to everyone who has expressed concern and words of encouragement.

Warmest Regards,

Steve

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."