First off...welcome to the boards!

Let me comment on a few things. You gave lots of useful information, so you'll likely get some useful feedback as well.

1) Cerwin Vega speakers are notoriously bass heavy, and that bass is generally quite "loose". Any modern speaker you listen to will likely dissapoint you in the bass department if that bloated/loose bass sound is what you want. I believe a member here went from Cerwin Vega's to M60's...they're first impression was "where's the bass?", but soon thereafter realized there was lot's of bass, it was just much more tight and accurate than they were used to. Hopefully someone with direct experience in this area can give you their feedback. If even after getting used to hearing tight bass you still want more...that's what a good subwoofer is for. The EP500 or a nice Hsu VTF-3 would give you all the bass you could ever handle. (and still do it tight and accurately)

2) Axiom's excell in the mid's and high's. You'll hear every detail and nuance of your music. Whatever speakers you end up getting, you really should try leaving the bass/mid/treble knobs set at even. Give that a good two weeks of listening. Give yourself a chance to hear what these songs you're listening to were meant to sound like. You can always go back to cranking up the bass and treble later on.

3) Infocus projector and 110" screen! You lucky S.O.B.!

4) Where the heck is NFLD?

I hope this was at least a little helpful. Let me reiterate though...no modern speaker is going to sound like those monster Cerwin's you've gotten so used to. A nice pair of towers (in your case I recommend the M50ti, based on your music choices, and your desire for a "fatter" sound, paired with a really good subwoofer is your best bet. Don't skimp on the sub!

Good luck...I'm sure some others will be by shortly to give their own opinions. Keep us up to date on what you finally decide on...whether it be Axiom or not!