Good advice Spiff. I think NFLD is Newfoundland. At least that's my guess.

I echo Spiff's welcome. Were you a radio DJ, or a dance DJ?

I'm surprised to hear you say "I do not listen to classical, jazz, etc. And this is where my problem begins because most of the post I'm seeing here are for this type of music. While I am a jazz listener, I also listen to folk, some rock (mostly classic), a little country, a soupçon of classical, and a lot of standards (Hey! I'm old! ). Regardless, you'll find plenty of guys here who listen to the musical categories you mentioned you enjoy.

Everybody here will understand your reluctance to purchase speakers sound unheard. We all went through the same thing. If you think you'd really like to hear the Axioms, one thing you might consider is purchasing just a pair of the front speakers you are considering. This will give you the opportunity to hear the Axiom sound in your own room, with your own equipment. Never discount the effect your room will have on speakers. That's why even auditioning speakers in a salesroom is not necessarily a guarantee of how they will sound in your room. If you don't care for them, you can return them, for any reason, within 30 days, and only pay return shipping on a pair. If you DO like them, and I suspect you will, you can then order the center and surrounds of your liking.

Axiom is a Canadian company, so you'll only be shipping from Newf. to Dwight, Ontario.

You might consider buying from the Factory Outlet and saving 10%. All Factory Outlet speakers are guaranteed to be sonically prefect, but they may have very minor, or non existent, cosmetic blemishes. I bought my M60s and VP150 for the FO, and it took me two weeks to find the blemishes on the M60s. I never did find any blemishes on the VP150. The down side is you have to wait a bit longer for your speakers.

Free shipping is the norm. But, keep in mind that the cost of shipping, in all probability, is figured into the price of the speakers.

As Spiff said, please keep us informed on what you decide. We have a number of members who own speakers other than Axioms.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton