Check back to the initial review my brother (adamp88) posted. Based on a casual A/B session, we both agreed that my Onkyo sounded more open and natural than the T-amp. If the T-amp cost closer to $100 or $200, I don't think I'd recommend it to anyone, as SS amps can be had at that price which provide more power and authority.

I do not tend to make blanket statements, but here's one I'll cop to: all amps do not sound the same. We all agree that tube amps do not sound like SS amps. Digital amps are another breed of SS amp altogether, so until I see some data and statistics, I am not going to state or implicate that they sound the same as other amps.

What I will say is this. By implying that you can hear the difference between amps of like technology (i.e. SS vs SS), you are saying your ears are far finer and more accurate at picking out audio "signatures" than hundereds of inidividuals of wide and various backgrounds who have participated in blind listening tests performed under controlled (read: variables minimized) listening tests.

Are you really that good, or are you allowing other well-known influences to cloud your judgment?