i actually started with all hand-me-down stuff from my dad. he gave me the equip that he had bought when he got back from vietnam.. apparenlty, he saved up a bunch of money while risking his life for freedom, and then splurged on himself once he got back..

i scoured the web to try and find examples of what he gave me. the COOLEST part was a TEAC reel to reel, that looked REAL close to this

the receiver was an old pioneer tube amp, that looked real close to this. but, it had the fake wood on the sides instead of the metal, and a BIGGER dial to move the tuner bar.

and last, he gave me his old sony floor stander speakers.. the old school kind that had the diamond weave fence pattern on the front. i cant find any pictures of those?

anyway, i had all that thru high school, then moved away from home and joined the army. once i got to my first duty station, i went and bought a complete kenwood rack, with the vega tower speakers.. which i still have all that still today. just looking for a place to put it all.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??