I remember it just like it was yesterday. It was 1964 in very rural south Louisiana. I was 10 yrs. old and obsessed with the Beatles. I begged my mom for the money to purchase a "Beatles" album...any Beatles album, I didn't care I just had to have one. She agreed and we went to the store. I grabbed an album with an interesting cover and didn't even stop to read the cover, I just couldn't wait to get home an throw it on the platter.

The album was titled "Beatle Mania in the USA". I listened to that album for about two weeks before I realized that something wasn't right (remember I was only 10). The Beatles just didn't sound the same as they did on TV...very, very close but not quite right . It turned out that the album was not the real Beatles but an imitation group called the Liverpools. Upon my little epiphany that this was an "imitation", I remember feeling so hurt and like such a fool and very angry that someone would make a fake Beatles record and worse that I was such a dolt to buy it without checking the details. Had I paid even a little attention in the store it would have been obvious that this piece of crap was an imitation. These days I check every little detail on the cover before I purchase a CD or even a DVD.

That same album today brings $115.00 on the collectors market. Do I wish I still had it? Hell no! I'm still pissed about my "imitation artist" experience.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.