While we're waiting for the experts to formulate their responces, I'll just chime in with a quick comment.

The wife and I are quickly approaching that age in which getting up and changing a disc, either CD or DVD, is gonna be a bit of a hassle. So...

We went out and got us one of those two or three DVD juke boxes currently available. You know what? It ain't bad. A couch potato can really put down roots with one of these things!

We purchased a Sony CX985-the cheaper one in black(cause WAF thought it matched the receiver better)plus for a couple bucks in extended warrenty, it matches the ES 5 year warranty. So that was cool.

Our eyes-three of them for the two of us-are aging at the same rate our feet are, so the picture quality dosen't have to be first rate, However, WOW, it does a great job!!

The hardest part is logging-in all the DVDs! We have nearly the full complement of the 400 disc capacity, and the machine only copies data from about 10% of those discs installed-so we gotta manualy type in the rest!

I don't have a truly premium DVD player to compare it to, but the convenience and picture quality we do have is well within the "More than Acceptable" range.(Some folks may say it's a good match for our M50s: Does everything well but nothing brilliantly, it's a very "pleasant" DVD player!)

OK experts: Your turn!
Rich.