Funny thing though, my $100.00 WalMart Toshiba has nowhere near the picture of my 2900 nor does the $89.00 Best Buy special I currently run in my kids rec room.

I'm actually going to shut up now as this thread is going to get me into trouble. To a point I agree with Alan but to state
In reply to:

If you obsess over video quality, then get the Denon

to me at least this is wrong. The 2900 has a vastly superior picture to a bargain priced DVD player. What the hell is wrong with wanting the best picture out of a DVD player? For those of us who want the best picture we can get, we look at Denon, Arcam and others. For those that can live with pixel break up, chroma issues, blacker then black issues, sloooooooooow layer changes and a host of other things, more power to you and yes a cheap player will work just fine and dandy.......but it's good to know that there are options out there for those of us who don't want to live with the above.

The Denon should be looked at for just it's layer changes. When they happen I can't see them. My other players all pause for at least 2 or 3 seconds. Is that worth something to me? yes it is. That is what you usually get with a quality player versus a Wally World special....better picture, seemless layer changes and yes even better DAC's.................darn, I said I was going to shut up didn't I? MY BAD!