ashwaga111:

>>Dont know if this means anything but I was moving the ep500 to a different location and i could hear somthing inside the cabnit hitting (not hard) the side of the box. If i rock the sub (NOT HARD) side to side i can hear it everytime. Is this just some wires or cables that run across that area inside the sub?

The EP500 and the other Axiom subs, make no rocking sounds when you move them side to side. I had and EP350 and I have now an EP500 and nothing should be loose inside, and I have lifted them quite a couple of times changing positions in the room. Call the Axioms for advice in getting the cover open and check for loose conexions.

From what I understand of your post, it sounds more like a configuration / setup problem (assuming the rattle in the EP500 is nothing harmful of course). Try to set the all your speakers to SMALL in the receiver and enable the sub output. In the AVR500 manual it says that, as with other many receivers, if the speakers are set to LARGE the no sound will be sent to the sub, only the low frequency of the channels with speakers set in SMALL... try using the STEREO mode first - its easier to get confussed with 5 channels sending bass to the sub - , with bypass x-over in the sub, and SMALL setting for the front speakers (As I understand in the manual your AVR500 only x-over @ 100Hz)

Also, check the volume knob of the EP500, and turn it more than 1/4. More close to 1/2... and let me know if an sound came out (provided your Junior Sunfire is working) Just unplud the RCA from the Junior and plug it into the EP500. If no sound comes out of the EP500, in the bypass x-over setting, FULL trim setting and more than 1/2 half volume, then the rattle will be more meaningful that we expected.

If you are getting the NAD T163, you must be getting the V2 upgraded version (that comes with PLIIx and no HDCD decoding). With that you can select the speakers to LARGE and the sub simultaneously.