OK……Clarification required here……

I do not believe or disbelieve in SQ differences regarding the whole speaker break in dispute. Quite frankly, I couldn’t care less.

I am suggesting to play them at moderate levels for a little while (don’t have a clue how long, but would suggest ½ hour), for mechanical considerations only. NOT FOR SQ REASONS.

Turbines are not actually broke in per say, but warmed in stages to get them through their respective critical RPM stages. Each turbine will have a particular RPM range in which they experience vibration excessive to normal operation. If they are held in the critical stage too long, catastrophic failure will be imminent. Steam turbines in particular. Gas turbines (jets) are less finicky, but experience similar conditions as steam turbines. I’ve over hauled and operated several of each. After a major over haul (like a rotor change out), they are brought up to operating speed and temp slowly. They are methodically monitored, observing and analyzing vibration data, axial movement, bearing and oil temp and auxiliary system parameters.