Hi Mike,
The quick answer(this is OT, of course): Project Engineer-Retired. With the company and on the Cruise Missile Engine Program from first castings(1974)through first delivery to Iraq(via the Navy and Air Force)in '90. You may have heard of another of our engines-pushed a plane around the world a few weeks back-non stop and unrefeuled. This engine is also in lots of single-pilot, private twin jets. The same company that built the engine for the first-and only-real jet backpack! The company had built a stationary industrial turbine engine before I started there, but I'm afraid I wasen't involved in that one, so I haven't had any involvement at all in anything that dosen't push something through the sky.(other than a couple of APUs, also installed in aircraft)

I did have a fascinating discussion once with a few guys during off-site testing in New Jersey that were from GE,(as I recall) trying to get a contract to put their core engines from the big jets into Navy ships. I sat thru some of their testing during some spare time I had while I was waiting for the high altitude test cell where my cruise engine was to be tested was being readied, but that dosen't quite count as involvement on my part, does it?
Rich.