Yea, I had to walk away from the M50s after the first two songs. They sounded really thin and unrefined. I left the pop radio station on at medium volume and left the house for about three hours. They've been on all day now and they sound great. Naturally clear and detailed. Smooth with nice presence and wonderfully energetic. They have great punch with Rock and they even knocked the soapdish off the wall in the bathroom the next room over with some loud Dance music. I must say that I was skeptical about the two 6.5" woofers being able to get the job done but they do! These are great speakers! I've found that placing them 5" from the back wall and tipping the cabinets back by 7/8" with rubber furniture coasters placed under the two front "feet" makes for the best sound. I tipped them up because they are a little short compared to the height of my couch. I have to fool around a bit more to bring the bass up a little. (Don't want to touch the tone control just yet.) I'm listening to some LES BAXTER 1950's Exotica lounge music right now. MAN, THESE SPEAKERS ARE SWEET!!