Rate Thread
Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19
Re: More Misformation about Axiom's!!!
pmbuko #282143 12/11/09 08:23 PM
C
aficionado
aficionado
C
Over the years, I have found in any hobby such as ours, where there is a large group of people that take more than a casual interest, you will always find a small select few in that group who are obsessed with the tiny unimportant details of the equipment itself rather than actually enjoying what it does! I am sure at one time or another, we have all run in to them. You will tend to find them more in so-called "high-end" high priced retail outlets. A couple of years ago I met a fellow who had that kind of attitude and had just opened a new store. He is now OUT of business. A few are convinced the only way to listen to music is through very expensive tube amplifiers and vinyl and say everything else is garbage. Being an old musician way back, I ran into guitar players who were totally convinced unless you were playing a 1957 "vintage" Fender Stratocaster everything else was crap!

There is, in essence, kind of a "misplaced snobbery" in which you to have to roll you eyes and ignore.

casey01 #282216 12/12/09 08:06 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well I suppose when you're king you can throw anyone you want in the dungeon and forget about them. Luckily for us this is only the internet and not anything terribly important, so life goes on. Sounds to me like this guy Huge didn't like what he viewed as sneaky advertising from Axiom, and it's left a bad taste in his mouth for Axiom as a whole. That sort of thing can happen, I understand it. It's not usually anyone's fault in particular, so I don't hold it against Huge or Axiom, it's just one of those things. You can take a highly respected company like Honda, that has pumped out loads and loads of dependable, affordable, reliable and environmentaly responsible cars over the years and still find people who've had a bad experience with the company and dislikes them. The sad part is it's not the products fault, it's the human factor that causes these feelings. People, in general, irk other people.

I live in a very prejudice area. I was lucky enough to have been born and raised in a non-prejudice family and area during my formative years. I was born in Vancouver and also lived in a small town south of Calgary Alberta. It wasn't until I moved to Indiana at age 10 that I heard the word 'nigger' for the very first time. I didn't have any clue what it meant. Of course since then I've come to accept that (white) people in this area are raised to belive that they are the superior race. Which is unfortunate, because it really does nothing but create problems. I've heard it said many times that if we could only get the blacks out of this country, then everything would be fine. It's hilarious to me that a person could truely believe something like that. In my experiences I've come to understand that human nature is two sided. When people meet other people they do two things, first of all they look for things they have in common with the other person.

Do they like sports? Do they drink? Do they ride motorcycles?

And people like to surroung themselves with other people with the same interests. But the second thing that happens is after finding common ground, most people then find where their differences lie, and groups then start to subdivide. So, "do you like sports" begins the relationship as a bonding criteria, but it quickly leads to, "oh you like the Patriots? They suck, you're an asshole"! "Do you drink" winds up, "oh you're a Bud Light drinker, what a pussy". And, "do you ride motorcycles" ends up, "oh your on a rice burner, grow up"! So the things that initially bring us together, ultimately tear us apart.

So those eternally looking forward to the day that the white's rise up and throw the blacks off of the continent will be sad to find out that everything isn't fixed. Because there will still be those who are Patriot fans, drink Bud Light and own a Kawasaki.

Ummm... ok seems I may have strayed off topic just a bit. But I was trying to point out that there will always be differences between people, even in small subgroups like audio lovers. You would think the love of audio would bind us, but we humans can find ways to hate eachother no matter how alike we may be. That's just the way it is.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Micah #282220 12/12/09 08:31 PM
veteran
OP Offline
veteran
 Originally Posted By: Micah
Well I suppose when you're king you can throw anyone you want in the dungeon and forget about them. Luckily for us this is only the internet and not anything terribly important, so life goes on. Sounds to me like this guy Huge didn't like what he viewed as sneaky advertising from Axiom, and it's left a bad taste in his mouth for Axiom as a whole. That sort of thing can happen, I understand it. It's not usually anyone's fault in particular, so I don't hold it against Huge or Axiom, it's just one of those things. You can take a highly respected company like Honda, that has pumped out loads and loads of dependable, affordable, reliable and environmentally responsible cars over the years and still find people who've had a bad experience with the company and dislikes them. The sad part is it's not the products fault, it's the human factor that causes these feelings. People, in general, irk other people.

I live in a very prejudice area. I was lucky enough to have been born and raised in a non-prejudice family and area during my formative years. I was born in Vancouver and also lived in a small town south of Calgary Alberta. It wasn't until I moved to Indiana at age 10 that I heard the word 'nigger' for the very first time. I didn't have any clue what it meant. Of course since then I've come to accept that (white) people in this area are raised to belive that they are the superior race. Which is unfortunate, because it really does nothing but create problems. I've heard it said many times that if we could only get the blacks out of this country, then everything would be fine. It's hilarious to me that a person could truely believe something like that. In my experiences I've come to understand that human nature is two sided. When people meet other people they do two things, first of all they look for things they have in common with the other person.

Do they like sports? Do they drink? Do they ride motorcycles?

And people like to surroung themselves with other people with the same interests. But the second thing that happens is after finding common ground, most people then find where their differences lie, and groups then start to subdivide. So, "do you like sports" begins the relationship as a bonding criteria, but it quickly leads to, "oh you like the Patriots? They suck, you're an asshole"! "Do you drink" winds up, "oh you're a Bud Light drinker, what a pussy". And, "do you ride motorcycles" ends up, "oh your on a rice burner, grow up"! So the things that initially bring us together, ultimately tear us apart.

So those eternally looking forward to the day that the white's rise up and throw the blacks off of the continent will be sad to find out that everything isn't fixed. Because there will still be those who are Patriot fans, drink Bud Light and own a Kawasaki.

Ummm... ok seems I may have strayed off topic just a bit. But I was trying to point out that there will always be differences between people, even in small subgroups like audio lovers. You would think the love of audio would bind us, but we humans can find ways to hate each other no matter how alike we may be. That's just the way it is.

Micah: I couldn't agree more what has REALLY changed in the last 40 years!!! As a Jewish person I've encountered antisemitism which has shocked me(Out to take over the world,dirty jew,etc)if humans (most not all however)do not figure out we are supposed to get along and help each other(just not at holiday time)then "our" collective future is very bleak as a species!!!

Paradigm 800F,Paradigm C600,Axiom QS8 v3,Paradigm DSP-3100 Sub,AVR Anthem MRX-740
Murph #282224 12/13/09 01:00 AM
axiomite
axiomite
So why are we still here discussing this? Obviously this Hugh guy uses his web forums to cry "foul" in response to the discussions here. The old post, which he revived in response to this thread here, was about the "refer-a-friend" program, which I think is a great thing, but as we all know, most of those "referrals" were not from anyone posting any review or comment on a web site, but by them coming to one of our homes and doing an audition. The speakers made the sale, not some blind click to the Axiom web site through a link. I still say that the original poster probably should have found the right place to post the link and should have made people aware of what it meant to them. Sure, it would have diminished their creditability, possibly, but it would have been open an honest.

I do find it utterly silly that the posters over there seemed to hold Axiom directly responsible for the actions of its product owners, as if we are all employees now or something. Heck, I've done a couple of in-home demo's for some people that I don't think bought anything. I didn't care, it was just fun to do.

So anyway, the more we discuss this over here, the more Hugh states that someone here bad mouthed and insulted him. I think that some of his comments (quite a few actually) are pretty crappy at best and I am ready to just let his own whining and crying speak for itself. He is biased against Axiom, that is clear, but he is far from the only one out there. Heck, there are people in the world that still say that Bose cube systems sound perfect. That is their uneducated experience, my knowledge proves otherwise, and I can live with that.

Last edited by nickbuol; 12/13/09 01:00 AM.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
davidsch #282226 12/13/09 01:38 AM
U
enthusiast
enthusiast
U
How wonderful for you!

Some people are like Slinky's, not much use however, when pushed down stairs, they make you smile.
Micah #282284 12/13/09 09:57 PM
J
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
J
I have to ask Micah, which small town south of Calgary, High River, Okotoks or farther South?

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70
jakewash #282291 12/14/09 12:06 AM
R
old hand
old hand
R
Wow did this thread ever take a turn!

roar #282315 12/14/09 05:21 AM
buff
buff
I've been a member on digital home forum and thought they were a credible forum but after this unprovoked Axiom bashing I'm having second thoughts.

Hugh, thinks it's inethical for customers to act as a sales channel. What world does this guy live in? Have you seen the movie Transformers, do you realize how much product placement is in that movie? What does that mean, that all those companies that pay for the products are evil??

jakewash #282318 12/14/09 05:59 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: jakewash
I have to ask Micah, which small town south of Calgary, High River, Okotoks or farther South?

Ooops, I spaced that sorry. Actually it's a small town south of Edmonton, and NORTH of Calgary. A town so small it's really just a hiccup on highway 2 between Olds and Innisfail. A little town named 'Bowden'. When I was growing up there the population was only around 800. At that time I think Innisfail was around 15,000 and I thought it was a BIG city!

I remember there was a gas station on the highway that sold a shirt that read, "Where The Hell's Bowden"? That shirt about said it all. If you weren't a local, then you probably never heard of Bowden, and probably never will.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
punisher101 #282319 12/14/09 06:04 AM
J
buff
buff
J
I think someone should sit him down and give him a double blind test and not tell him Axiom's or Paradigm's are used. Then we can all have a good laugh when he love's him some Axiom's!!!

Page 4 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,479
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters