Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Decided on Axiom after audition with Jakewash!!
CV #301974 04/15/10 05:06 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
 Originally Posted By: Redsands

while I was researching subs in bed. She looked over at my laptop and said "you are NOT spending $2000 on a subwoofer" to which I did not have a witty reply to. Any ideas on how to soften the blow?

You could start by not researching major audio purchases in bed.

Rent “Private Parts” and show her the speaker scene explaining how much more power a subwoofer has.

Nah you’re screwed.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1
CV #302014 04/15/10 02:22 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: CV
I don't know if I'll ever be able to fit a girlfriend in. I need ....... new seating....

I see an opportunity for a 'Win, Win' here.

Last edited by Murph; 04/15/10 02:46 PM. Reason: quote machine broken

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.
Murph #302016 04/15/10 02:31 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yo! I never said that!

See Mojo's signature
EFalardeau #302018 04/15/10 02:48 PM
axiomite
axiomite
 Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Yo! I never said that!

Edited. Sorry, I hit the quote button on CV's post but I must have confused it when I deleted some sections and it ended up picking your name from the quoted, quote.

Murph #302020 04/15/10 02:59 PM
R
frequent flier
OP Offline
frequent flier
R
You guys are funny! As for the sub it's actually in the basement budget, well $200 over budget I guess, but she didn't like the fact that I would spend that much on a sub - she just doesn't appreciate good sound - yet! All in all I don't think it will be too bad. I'm thinking I'm going to tell her on Saturday- my birthday. She can't get too mad then. Can she?

Murph #302021 04/15/10 03:01 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
So I guess that wasn't the long-awaited first post without editing required! \:D

See Mojo's signature
EFalardeau #302023 04/15/10 03:11 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Still Pending.

Last edited by Murph; 04/15/10 03:11 PM. Reason: Just to keep my roll going.

Murph #302024 04/15/10 03:19 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
It's true, in order to have a happy relationship with a woman, a guy must buy all his toys BEFORE a female enters the picture.

Flash gets the girls. They are attracted to shiny things like a fish is attracted to bait. A guy with a fancy car, cool motorcycle, decked out house and a kick-ass HT will be VERY popular with the ladies. They love that stuff... but you see the thing is, what guys don't realize is that what the female is thinking is something like this, "oh, this guy has so much money laying around he doesn't know what to do with it all... once he's my man I'll help him make better decisions with his income".

And I'm not trying to be mean to females here, I believe 100% that is how the female brain works, whether they are aware of it or not. For instance I have always spent a large amount of money on motorcycles, that is my main hobby, HT is 2nd only to my bike. And anytime I've been single the girls go absolutely nuts over the bike, they LOVE it, constantly asking to go for a ride and what not. But without fail, every girl I've even gotten involved with has wound up complaining about the money I dump into my hobby within 6 months!

"You're going to spend HOW MUCH on that Akropovic exhaust and Power Commander??? Are you CRAZY"!!!

Which seems like a funny reaction to me, because girls magically gravitate towards those bikes that have money sunk into them. Anytime I'm hanging out with a bunch of my riding buddies and girls are around, they just seem to know somehow which bikes have the most money invested in them. Which is strange because they'd never be able to begin to guess where the money has been spent on the motorcycle, but somehow they can just smell the capital you have in your scooter, they never fail to ask to ride on the most expensive bikes. Sadly a guy on a bone-stock bike is probably riding solo. I don't mean to sound like I have a superiority complex btw, these are the simple facts. I've been riding for 20 years now, and this is always the way it plays out.

And no I do not spend money on bikes to get chicks, I actually dispise guys who buy a bikes for that reason. Sure it works alright, but I only like to ride with riders, not bike whores. Guys who buy a bike to get chicks are all the same, they get a motorcycle, go cruising for a month or two, find a woman, sell their bike and you never see them again. I would rather spend money on my bike than on a woman. Perhaps that is why I'm 39, divorced twice and currently not married? Actually there's no perhaps about it, I'm sure that's why.

Yup yup, girls they likey the boys with toys. But once they nail you down they expect you to trade in all those toys for babies. They see those toys as disposable income. Income better disposed of on them. Most men have a hobby that they like to spend their money on, whether it's golf, motorcycles, boats, HT or something else, we find ways to waste large amounts of money.

And about the only way to keep up with your hobby after you get involved with a woman is to spend as much or more on her than you do your hobby. That remark about sending your wife to the SPA and spending at least $2000 bucks on her was dead on! Lol, that's about the only way to passify most women. There are exceptions to this rule, but not very many.

How long do you have until D-Day anyway?

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Micah #302027 04/15/10 04:04 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Women might also see those toys as a threat(attracting other women) after they've "got you".

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.
Adrian #302063 04/15/10 06:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
A sure sign of insecurity IMO. Similar to guys who find a hot girl, get into a relationship, and by the time they've been married a year or two the girl isn't aloud to wear clothes that show off her body, or make-up or purfume etc... because all those things do is attract other men. And after all, "who does she need to impress anyway, she has me doesn't she"?

That's not me at all. If I meet a girl who likes to dress sexy, look good in public and feel good about herself, if we get into a relationship I would never ask her to change her ways. If that's how she was when I met her and I was obviously ok with it, then I would never expect or even want her to change who she is. And if she was only doing that to get a man, well then that's not the sort of girl I want anyway. When I meet a woman I want her to be herself, not someone trying to be someone else to get my attention.

And for me that works both ways. If a woman meets me and knows I ride motorcycles and spend money on my HT, then a year later when we're all settled in I'm not cool with them suddenly expecting me to change who I am. You liked me then, you'd better like me now. Sure things change when you start a family, naturally hobbies take a lesser role, and priorities change. But like with my first wife, as soon as she found out she was pregnant with our son, she immediatelly expected me to sell my bike and give up that hobby.

"You're getting too old for motorcycles now, they're for kids". LMAO, I certainly wasn't hearing that. So we battled head to head for the next 5 years until our divorce (no, we didn't split up over the bike). Ever since we split up I've always been very clear to the women I meet... I am a man with hobbies, and I will remain that same man whether I am single, engaged or married. If that's going to be a problem, hit the road.

I know it sound's harsh, but it's better than being miserable down the road.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup