A sure sign of insecurity IMO. Similar to guys who find a hot girl, get into a relationship, and by the time they've been married a year or two the girl isn't aloud to wear clothes that show off her body, or make-up or purfume etc... because all those things do is attract other men. And after all, "who does she need to impress anyway, she has me doesn't she"?

That's not me at all. If I meet a girl who likes to dress sexy, look good in public and feel good about herself, if we get into a relationship I would never ask her to change her ways. If that's how she was when I met her and I was obviously ok with it, then I would never expect or even want her to change who she is. And if she was only doing that to get a man, well then that's not the sort of girl I want anyway. When I meet a woman I want her to be herself, not someone trying to be someone else to get my attention.

And for me that works both ways. If a woman meets me and knows I ride motorcycles and spend money on my HT, then a year later when we're all settled in I'm not cool with them suddenly expecting me to change who I am. You liked me then, you'd better like me now. Sure things change when you start a family, naturally hobbies take a lesser role, and priorities change. But like with my first wife, as soon as she found out she was pregnant with our son, she immediatelly expected me to sell my bike and give up that hobby.

"You're getting too old for motorcycles now, they're for kids". LMAO, I certainly wasn't hearing that. So we battled head to head for the next 5 years until our divorce (no, we didn't split up over the bike). Ever since we split up I've always been very clear to the women I meet... I am a man with hobbies, and I will remain that same man whether I am single, engaged or married. If that's going to be a problem, hit the road.

I know it sound's harsh, but it's better than being miserable down the road.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD