Hey guys, it's been a while since my last update. I have been busy and haven't had a lot of time to work on the theater. However, I did managed to get a few things done....
I finished all the wiring for the projector and put the tiles back in place. I also managed to fix my issue with the image not filling the screen entirely. Turned out keystone was causing some weird geometry issues. So I turned it to zero and just used lens shift to move everything around. Worked perfectly.
However, I decided to move my side surrounds up more and I didn't like the speaker wire along the floor to the back wall behind the couch. So I removed some ceiling tiles again and ran two new wires to a blank plate next to the right arm of the couch. This way I can hide the speaker wires under the couch.
The speakers don't look terrible there and I figure they will be hidden even more if I ever decided to put a curtain up under the beam to divide the room. It also gives me room for rear surrounds. Not sure if they would of benefit though, as the couch is pretty close to the wall. Any suggestions? Do you think it's worth it to get another two M3's for 7.4.1? I don't expect a major improvement, just don't want to lose channel separation with the sides and rears being so close.
I also finally picked up my receiver this weekend. A Denon X6300H.
I started to wire things up on Saturday afternoon. I wasn't able to finish as I had a few birthday parties to attend this weekend. But I did mange to temporarily wire what I couldn't terminate to test out the receiver and verify everything works correctly. I used a Roku Ultra to stream some 4k content. The image looked and sounded great! Even my wife commented on the picture quality. Can't wait to play a 4k blu-ray with Atmos.
Oh I just about finished the dog house as well. It just needs a sign now.
On a side note, I had some issues with the pull out rack. I had to really play with the positions of the components to keep the frame from rubbing the wall when it was pulled out. Everything was perfectly square until I added the receiver. I basically had to loosen all the attachment screws and slide each component ever so slightly to the left or right and re-tighten them in a specific order. I managed to correct the issue and get a perfect 1/8" all around. Hopefully it stays in position as I add more components.
Wiring is a bit of a challenge as well. Everything has to be in the right position for the rack to slide and rotate. In hindsight, I should have left much longer whips to make things easier.
I also had a slight issue with humidity the one day. It rose up to about 65%, which isn't terrible, but I would like it lower. Upstairs was around 54% at the time. I connected my dehumidifier and it dropped down to 42% within two hours. So adding the one HVAC register and return definitely helped, but it might not be enough on real humid days. Not a big deal, I'll just hook up the dehumidifier to a smart plug and have it turn on and off when ever I am watching something. The only annoying issue is the door hiding my water meter started sticking. So I am going to have to pop it off the hinges and shave it down a bit....joy.
All in all, getting super close to wrapping things up. I just need to finish wiring everything and buy a few more components (PS4, Xbox, Blu-ray Player, etc). Then it's just a matter of decorating!