Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: AXIOMS arrived today!!!!!!! Need help...
#45903 05/14/04 02:26 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm curious as to why you have your sub set at 80 when you are also using the crossover in the receiver? Seems redundant. I know when I got my SVS they recommend that if you are going to be using the receivers crossover, there is no point in using the sub's. Crank the crossover on the sub to max as it's not doing anything anyway. Why add yet another crossover into the signal path when you don't it!

:-)

On another note. I'm also running the QS8's and you will find on some movies etc that the surround mix is subtle. This is normal as has been mentioned above. Keep in mind they are surrounds, not mains!

Re: AXIOMS arrived today!!!!!!! Need help...
#45904 05/14/04 05:21 PM
hobbyist
hobbyist
Many times have I heard before that the surrounds are not supposed to take your attention away from the screen, rather, they are supposed to support what is going on in the film. Their presence should not necessarily be known at all times and quite often, they aren't supposed to be known at all. The purpose of the surrounds is to give you a more enveloping feeling. To draw you into the movie just that much more. If there are specific directional cues coming from the surround sound, then you might want to check over your shoulders, but for the most part, even with directionality is used, it is not there to take your attention away from the screen. I've heard it mentioned before on the THX Demo disk and Digital Video Essentials.

The better the surround sound speakers, the more they seem to disappear.

Just my .02

Regards,
Jon

Jon Liu Outside of a dog a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's just too hard to read
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,231 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup