Rate Thread
The Perpetual Axiom Pictures Thread
#50826 06/28/04 02:34 AM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
This thread thread is multi-purpose:

- A place for people to post pictures so that they can show others their lovely new speakers and setup.
- A place for potential owners to check out different colors in "real world" placement
- A place for the rest of us to "talk to shop" (with more detailed questions going in their owne thread obviously)

So I'll start it off:

Picture One:

This first picture is from the far left corner of my room, it shows you my non-standard setup (as far as rooms go):

Picture 2:

This second picture shows one of M60's, my VP150, my new Denon AVR-3805, a borrowed DVD player, a PS2, a temporary (replacing asap) stand, and my horribley tiny 24" TV (being replaced by a 61" HLP6197 when it comes out around Nov 2004).

PIcture 3:

This picture shows one of my QS8's, mounted with a Full Metal Bracket, from the ceiling actually. The ceiling is being finished later this year, and that beam you see will be shortened to match the height of the ceiling (thus it'll look like it's actually suppose to be there

http://www.cerdonis.com/tmp/Pics/shot2.jpg

Picture 4:,/b>

The back of my receiver (part of it anyways). Note the THICK and BIG component video cable, that's Axiom's brand of cable, it dwarfs the one from my PS2 . That speaker wire is Axiom as well, with banana plugs from.... damn it's starts with a R and you can get it at future shop :P. And incase you're curious the masking tape is cheasy labels so I can remember which cord coming out the wall is what

Picture 5:

Here's a shot of one of my M60's... Nothign else was unpacked yet and it's sitting next to my old dated (30 years+) stuff.... It's just so you guys can see the finish.

Picture 6:

This final picture is similar to the one above, just to look at the finish

Now my camera does have a strong flash, as those blue drawers which look really really light, are actually a darkish blue... so take them for what you will.

I'll post more pictures soon now that everything is more setup like

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"
Re: The Perpetual Axiom Pictures Thread
#50827 06/28/04 03:19 AM
axiomite
axiomite
Love the charcoal finish with black grilles.

I have a serious case of "receiver envy." The 3805 is a beaut.

I like the wall sconce lights, too. Very nice.

Is the VP140 mounted with a/an FMB?

Will the 61" HLP fit into the nitch where your current set is?

How does everything sound?

Here's the QS8 photo:

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#50828 06/28/04 03:42 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Well I don't have any pix of my Axioms yet (haven't ordered em), but hopefully that will change in about a month. Here is where they will be sitting.

#50829 06/28/04 03:51 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Daphoid, 3 questions:

Are you ever gonna want to leave your peeps' place with a setup like that?

That charcoal finish sure is nice - maybe it should be a std finish? (Actually this one doesn't count - semi-rhetorical).

How do you like your Axioms???

#50830 06/28/04 11:36 AM
Daphoid Offline OP
devotee
OP Offline
devotee
- The 61" HLP will fit in there perfectly, with about 3-4" at the top, and about 1" on either side

- The finish is quite nice indeed

- The VP150 is mounted by a single FMB into a 2x6 my dad screwed in between the two studs.

- The speakers + receiver absolutely blow me away, I'm still in shock at how wonderful they sound, I don't have my PB2+ yet, so no huge bass fun yet, but damn they do a pretty good job by themselves! Surround sound is absolutely "wow", I've heard surround before, but never wit this much depth, background noise, street noise, it all sounds like you're right there. Most centers are weak, but the VP150 is a beast of powerful crisp sound, and the m60's and qs8's fill it in beautifully....

- and damn I forgot to link that qs8 shot, and finish a bold tag that's what I get for typing early in the morning

If there's any more questions, request for pics, I'm happy to oblige

- D

"Big John is my Idol...or is it that other way around? Let's ask Ray!"
#50831 06/28/04 04:13 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Good to hear you like them, Daph.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics