Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: What's your Movie/Music Ratio?
#51175 07/15/04 03:21 PM
devotee
devotee
Exactly my point. You may be just another one of those brain-washed by the media Democrats

But I digress...enough politics for me.

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"
#51176 07/15/04 03:49 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
misfit- i know you put a smiley face, but your post still struck a nerve..

i dont understand why its soo hard for republicans(which i assume you are) to understand that democrats(or non-republicans for that matter) have the ability to actually use a thought process and come up with their own opinions?? and we are not "brain-washed" by the domocratic media. when at the sametime, the republicans have the convience of using the 'on again/off again' blinders that allow them to ignore the plain and obvious shortcomings of their own party?

not to mention.. since we bring up brain washing.. i havent heard ONE republican have a single original thought in a long while.. all i keep hearing is what rush limbaugh, sean hannity, and bill o'reilly want you to think.. now, who is brain washing who??

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??
#51177 07/15/04 04:41 PM
M
mwc Offline
aficionado
aficionado
M
Nice "original thought" bigjohn.

You're correct. No one does "brain influencing" better than the "right", particularly on a.m talk radio. Some on the right are ready to crucifiy Michael Moore for his movie and yet turn a blind eye or worse fall in line with the vitrol spewing raido hosts. Gimmme a frickin' break!

Smiley face or not, misfit's quip to adam was more than "struck a nerve", it was down right insulting. These political posts would not be so bad if people did not incorporate insults. Why must people use insult to get thier point across?

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
#51178 07/15/04 05:16 PM
devotee
devotee
Sorry if I stuck too hard a nerve. That's not my intent. In fact I'm not that heavily interested in politics. My comments are only in retaliation to all the things I don't like about politics. Mudslinging.
I'm not saying Republicans are always right. I'm not saying I agree with everything Rush says, or that the Republicans aren't involved in being "polictical" as well and have their own moments of mudslinging. But lets face it...the media is giving George Bush more hell than Bill Clinton got when he made mistakes. And you never hear about when a president does something good. It's always how they screwed up. And, of course, it always around election time.
My original point was simply that Mtv, Hollywood, and the media tend to be heavily Democrat driven. Now whether that's because it's all full of Democrats, or it's overseen by people who are Democrats and have an adjenda is my point. People such as yourselves that can make up your own mind are one thing. But there are people who really make up their mind based on what the media tells them. And that is not the best way to come to a decision because rarely do they tell the whole story.

I don't have a dislike for Democrats. I think it's good to have balance. My father-in-law is a Democrat and we get along just fine My REAL point is more a dislike for one-sided media. My other point was a dislike for the media's disrespect for their own President. We're just giving the rest of the world a bigger reason to hate us...which is not the message I'd personally like to send.

Sorry to all who were offended.

"We're on the island of Misfit Toys"
#51179 07/15/04 05:33 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
i took it that you were slamming democrats, and not the media. thanks for clarifying.

but i do think your viewpoint regarding the media depends on your perspective.. if you are a bush supporter, then you will obviously feel that the media is being harsh.. if you are a non-bush supporter, then you would think that the media isnt being harsh enough.. it all depends on your political stance.. but to say that the media didnt give clinton "hell" when he made mistakes is just wrong.. during the whole lewinsky scandal, that was the lead story EVERY day on the major networks.. i got sick of it.. not to mention the millions and millions of our tax dollars that republican kenneth star spent to prove that bill got a blow-job in the oval office.. the media didnt mention that, but they sure talked about his findings.. and just to note, bill aint the first, or the last president to get a little nookie on the side..

i will second the idea that polotics is all about mudslinging.. plain and simple.. to me, elections have become.. not who is the best candidate, but who is not the worse.. ALL politicans lie, and ALL politicians take advantage of whatever situation they can. after all, aint that the american way?

bigjohn

#51180 07/15/04 05:42 PM
buff
buff
I'm not jumping in to this discussion except to say that at Bill Clintons' book signing last week in D.C. some protesters outside had signs that said "Bill Clinton.Come out with your pants up!" What a hoot. It's been awhile since a twentysomething flashed a thong in my face also.

#51181 07/15/04 06:05 PM
local
local
I will say that I have never been able to accept the claims of one way media bias. There is enough media and bias to hear whatever slant you want. It all depends on who you decide to listen to in my view. To my mind the real media bias is in playing up whatever they think will hold attention 10 seconds longer so they can hit you with more advertising. They are terrible panderers to whatever brings in revenue, I think that's the real bias. From there it just depends on the bias group they are pandering to.

I will say that I think it was unprecedented to have a special prosecutor going after Bill Clinton for virtually the whole time he was in office at a cost of some $40,000,000. I have long thought I could convict God on something if I had $40,000,000 to devote to it. And all they could get on Clinton was lying about messing around with an intern. I will also say listening to him testify before congress, my cousin Kenneth impressed me as being as least as skilled as Mr. Clinton at evassive answers. But it all did good things for the media's bottom line, I'm sure.

Mark
#51182 07/15/04 06:43 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
In reply to:

My REAL point is more a dislike for one-sided media.

Please oh please oh please tell me you don't watch Fox News. That is the single largest propaganda machine ever to be on the national airwaves. Fair and Balanced my a**.

Rupert Murdoch is the worst thing to ever happen to journalism.

#51183 07/15/04 06:48 PM
L
hobbyist
hobbyist
L
wow into a politics discussion way off topic! oh ya and clinton lied under oath there is absolutely no excuse for that.

#51184 07/15/04 06:52 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
al franken has a book out that just pans bill oreilly and the whole 'fair and balanced' angle.. its supposed to be pretty funny..

unfortunately, political humor gets boring after about page 5.. so i can never finish 'em.

bigjohn

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,480
Members15,617
Most Online2,082