Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Arcam AVR 300 or Rotel RSX 1067
#64130 10/11/04 03:30 PM
OP Offline
I have done alot of research over the past few months and after reading alot about receivers, those two seem very very interesting for a few reasons.One of them being, they are both praised for their musical qualities (especially the Arcam model)wich is important to me as my set up will be used 50/50 music-HT.Another reason would be the fact that both these companies seem to offer nice multi channels power amps so if I ever need more power, I wont have to worry about compatibilaty problems, at least I hope so.

Not as important as the reasons stated above but they also offer pretty decent DVD players. I am trying to avoid having too many components from too many different companies, although this aint a must by any means.Lastly but most importantly these receivers are in my budget range, of course I would love to get myself some Krell seperates but I have to be realistic...I plan on matching this equipment with the Epic 60 system, my HT room is rather small and according to what I have read so far the Epic 80 needs more space than what I have right now.

So my questions are, any of you guys running your Axiom speaker system with one of those receivers if so what are your thoughts?

If you were to do it all over again would you go the same route or would you opt for something different?

Thanks Eric

Re: Arcam AVR 300 or Rotel RSX 1067
#64131 10/11/04 10:20 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Eric, welcome. In my view you should disregard the absurdities which you've read elsewhere(I've also read them and laughed)that some excellent receivers aren't "musical". If music is being played they're all "musical". If you prefer the features of one of the receivers that you've mentioned, buy it, but don't imagine that for some mysterious reason music is going to sound better.

Also, you don't have to worry about compatibility problems with a possible future power amp. As long as a receiver has pre-outs to drive a separate amp, it's compatible with it regardless of the nameplate.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#64132 10/12/04 12:07 AM
OP Offline
Well if I can get the same results out of a Denon receiver then I am all for it.It is just some stuff I have read not something I have experienced myself.

Thanks for the reply.

#64133 10/12/04 07:18 AM
regular
regular
I have an Arcam AVR300 with an Epic 60 system, and I'm very pleased with it. The Arcam is a high quality receiver, with good power and features. I'm running a 5.1 system, so the other 2 available channels can be used to bi-amp the front speakers or run a zone 2. DVDs connected to the receiver by composite or S-video are upscaled to component. I use the Arcam to connect and switch my TWC cable box, DVD player and NEC plasma. Works great! Arcam is respected for their build quality, priority for audio, customer service and upgrades for their product lines. I have no first hand experience with Rotel, but can vouch for Arcam. I'm now looking for a used DVD player to replace my old Sony. One suggestion I have is to invest in a universal remote such as the Home Theater MX700. It's easy to set up and can handle all of your gear, including cable box.

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,484
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup