Hi all,

I'm a long time Axiom owner. I do read the threads occasionally but generally don't really post. I've been enjoying my speakers smile Lately I've been thinking of upgrading some of my gear so I thought I'd pop in and get some advice. This may be a bit of a long post to describe my situation.

I currently own dual EP500v3, M22's, VP150, QS4's, all in Russian Maple finish, and a Denon X3400H.

The first item I was thinking of upgrading are my EP500's to the 600's. My main concern is would I hear much of a difference between the EP500v3 to EP600? I'm looking for a bit more oomph and bottom end. The mix is probably 85% movies, 15% music.

Here's the thing, my living/dining room/kitchen are pretty much all open. My living room is about 20x10 and the couch separates the living room from the dining room. My living room is about 10x10. The kitchen sitting at the top of my living room is open via a countertop bar and is about 10x6. 9ft ceilings throughout. Think of a backward looking L shape. Hopefully that gives you an idea of the size.

The other issue is that my L and R speakers have to sit on top of the subs. I have no room on either side for anything else, just about 6-8 inches of space right now on the sides of my subs. I definitely not interested in onwall. Would the M22's now be to high sitting on the subs? The EP600 is 33.5inches high and the M22 is 20inch. That sets the tweeters to about 51 inches in height considering they sit about 2 inches below the cabinet. Sitting on my couch my ears are at a height of 41 inches. Do I just invert the speakers or do I move to M3's? Would I be happy with the M3's?

I'll also be getting the VP160 although I hate the size of it and those ports. I have to admit I find it ugly. If the ports where on the back it would be so much better.

Oh I should add I'll probably be getting all of the speakers in the Walnut wood.

So that's where I am now. Looking at advice from the experts. All feedback welcome.